10 Myths about Personal Branding
When I started my journey of crafting my Personal Brand, I had assumptions in my mind. I wasn’t sure if it’s the right thing to invest my time in.
But today when I look back I see that investment in Personal Branding gave me 10X results in my professional life.
In this post, I am going to debunk all the Myths about Personal Branding:
1. Personal branding is not for employees:
I have seen employees struggling to get a job through their network, because they never invested in their personal brand.
2. Personal branding is about having your own website:
Having a website is just one small part of crafting your personal brand on the internet. A personal website is ten percent of crafting a brand.
3. Personal branding is about you:
People don’t like people who are self-obsessed. If you talk about yourself all the time, no one will talk about you.
4. Personal branding happens on social media:
Social media is just a way to reach out to people. You can use your business, job, hobbies and interests to craft your personal brand.
5. Personal branding is time consuming:
You can craft your personal brand by investing just 30 minutes a day. It’s an investment in your future.
6. Personal branding is about selling:
If you sell, you will push people away. Branding yourself as an expert gives you more returns than becoming a salesman.
7. Personal branding is about becoming who you are not:
People love originality, they want to know what your life stands for. Personal branding is about becoming who you are.
8. Personal branding can’t sustain my business:
Personal branding gives you highest returns in the market. You can not only earn huge money but become a cult figure too.
9. Personal branding doesn’t happen inside the organization:
If you fail to build your brand internally, you will miss out on growth opportunities, people will overlook your efforts and you will pay a huge price in the end.
10. Personal branding is not for everyone:
Personal branding is not just for people, but for pets too! I have seen people raising hundreds of thousands of dollars by crafting a brand for their pets on social media. Personal branding is the future.